Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Are Your PDA's?

At this moment are you thinking public displays of affection or those electronic task masters designed to keep us connected? Nearly everyone has the electronic devices designed to keep us connected and organized. I know if something happens to my “smart phone” I am in a world of hurt. Before my smart phone it was a Palm personal organizer. Before that it was my custom designed organizer. Regardless of which type of system you use to organize your schedule and manage your contacts, if you want to achieve your goals you must include daily PDA’s.

For those who missed last month’s article PDA’s are Purpose-Driven Activities. Those activities which drive you toward your goals and vision. Those activities that fulfill your purpose. Purpose-Driven Activities are derived from your mission, vision, and purpose but how do you determine what your daily PDA’s need to be?

Use your annual goal to determine what you need to do daily. For example, I once gave each member of a consultant team the challenge to increase their customer base by 100 new customers the following year. They looked as though they thought I had lost my mind. I proceeded to explain to them that if they plan to work approximately 50 weeks out of the year, 100 new customers becomes two (2) customers per week. At this point the consultants had a big smile and a can do attitude.

When you know what you need to accomplish each week to achieve your goal then you can implement purpose-driven activities into every day of your week. According to the law of averages I have always heard – if I want two new customers per week I need to talk to at least 10 prospective customers each week. With this information I can schedule my calendar to include 10 prospective customer appointments each week.

What is your goal for this year? Since a goal is measurable you should be able to take your measurable goal and calculate what you need to do weekly to achieve your goal. When you have a weekly goal to obtain, simply determine what purpose-driven activities you need to include in each day to accomplish your weekly goal.

Daily PDA inclusion will help you stay focused and achieve your weekly goals. Achieving your weekly goals consistently will lead to accomplishing your annual goals. Before you know it, your vision will be a reality, all because of your daily PDA’s.

For more information about achieving your goals, contact us via our website www.PurposedSuccess.com

No comments: